I have been thinking long and hard, and I am leaving this space once and for all. But don't worry, I just want to make a fresh start! You can find me at my newest home, HERE :)
Monday, August 13, 2012
Lately, my life has been pretty quiet and pretty wonderful. I'm on my second month without social media (other than this blog, which I severely neglect these days ;) and I'm getting rid of my iphone this month in exchange for something a little more simple - aka a phone not a small computer. I really, really like being disconnected from the internet. It's helped me to find other hobbies and to be more present with life and the people in it who mean the most to me.
So what have I been up to? Well...
1. I moved into a new apartment that I am totally obsessed with - large windows overlooking the city, cement floors, and the very best roommate a girl could ever ask for (hooray for awesome boyfriends! ;) Plus I'm saving about $700 per month now that I'm no longer living alone... which means my move out of Richmond will definintly be happening a year from now! I love daydreaming about where I will be next...
2. I finally did something that I've been talking about doing for years now... I got my motorcyle license this weekend! My car died last month, and I would be sad except that now I have the perfect excuse to buy my first bike! I'm already planning road trips with it :) :) :) The class was pretty intense, so I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, working hard, and accomplishing my goal!
3. I've met some really amazing people that are more like family than friends. And it feels incredible to know people who have your back and understand so much about what's really important.
4. I'm signing up for my first pottery class in September!!! I can't wait!!!
5. And last but not least, I've discovered a hobby that I have in refinishing old furniture and possssssibly building some on my own - more on this later ;)
In short, life has been pretty good to me for the past several months. I feel like I'm finally turning my life around, getting back on track, and becoming the woman that I've always wanted to be. Nothing is holding me back anymore, and life is a bigger adventure than I ever could've imagined!
Posted by Kara at 7:11 AM