Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Finger's Crossed!!

{my god-brother and god-sister @ his first kidney transplamt}

It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.
{Albert Einstein}

Today I am going to be re-tested to see if I am eligable to donate my kidney to my god-brother, Mitchell. I was tested last June, but there was a reaction with my kidney tissue so the surgery was held off. I am hoping that things have changed and that his body accepts my tissue, otherwise he will have to take treatments so that we are compatable - if no one else steps forward. There is also the option of a paired kidney donation, which I would be more than willing to do for him.

Mitchell is only 16 years old, and when I think about what I was worried about at 16 {boys, driving, high school} it doesn't even compare. He is so strong. I have a lot of respect for Mitchell, because even though he is in pain, he does not show it. I hope that I am able to help in some way, and if I cannot help then I am sure that there is some one else who will come forward who can.

Everyone deserves a chance at life, especially Mitchell who still has so much ahead of him. Please cross your fingers that I am a match so that we can begin the transplant process. Also send a special prayer, thought, or positive vibe his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...