Friday, July 23, 2010

this is my sad face.

So the moral of the story today is this: be careful what you wish for! Yesterday I was frustrated because I didn't have any inspiration to write...... and then last night {at happy hour with some of my favorite people in Richmond} I found out that my very best friend in the whole entire world is moving. That really sucks. I'm really trying not to make this about me, but every time I think about her leaving I get this heavy feeling in my chest and my eyes start to tear up. I mean, this girl had me CRYING AT THE BAR!!!! Thank goodness there was an ample amount of beer present!!!!!!

I have been friends with Brittany since we were babies. Like, we were hangin' out long before we knew what a potty was & when it was totally acceptable to pee your pants.... so I guess you could say there isn't a time in my life when she wasn't there. Well, last week she told me that she had an interview in Arlington, and to put it lightly I was pissed. I felt like she was breaking up with me! So I told her it was a dumb idea and basically acted as immature and bitchy as possible so that she'd forget about her stupid interview and stay in Richmond, with me --- where she belongs. Well, what a rude awakening it was when last night I was happily sipping my beer when out of nowhere she tells me she got the job. {this is where the tears come in, damn you Brittany!!!}

I should be happy for my friend. She has been looking for a job and with the current economy it hasn't been easy for her. I should probably also smile at the fact that she is getting a fresh start, and remember that if I was in her situation I would probably do the same exact thing. Heck, I LOVE Arlington. I even tried to convince Sean to move there. But that's not what I want to think about, because despite everything that seems to be perfectly falling in place for her -- WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!???!!! Sorry, but I'm being honest here! My best friend is moving 2 hours away, and all I can think about is how she only has 4 happy hours left and won't be around for our weekly girl nights for much longer. I just can't help it, I'm really really mad.

So today I sit here in my office, and I'm still trying not to cry like a freakin' baby. Deep down, I am happy for her. Seriously. But there's still a small part of me that is scared she'll move away and find another best friend. Or maybe not a best friend, but a really skinny/cool/funny/awesome new friend that she'll probably want me to hang out with. And if she does that, I will more than likely spit in this skinny/cool/funny/awesome new friend's beer when she isn't looking. Just Kidding. sort of.

In order to torture myself more......... I've been looking through her facebook pictures all morning. I also may or may not have said a little prayer that she can't find an apartment or her new boss decides he actually hates her guts orrrr her car gets broken into by some really mean Arlington person {hey, at least she got me praying!}............ whatever, I'm bitter. I will own that label!





Brittany: You know I'm only acting like a complete bitch because I'm really sad and scared and basically falling apart knowing you won't be right around the corner if I need you.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I thoroughly enjoyed this post! your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...