Monday, December 13, 2010

tacky christmas sweaters

I love this time of year mostly for one reason: Themed Parties. And this weekend we hosted our very own Tacky Christmas Sweater Party, which was a huge success [if I do say so myself!]. We were able to squeeze nearly thirty people into our little loft, and the sweaters people showed up in were epic!













I also managed to do a little baking for the party. We had M&M Cookies, Brownies, Wings, Homemade meat balls [Sean is the master of these!], chicken fingers, and my personal favorite... roasted pecans -- I am pretty sure these are a new Christmas staple in our house! {Special thanks to my bff Brittany for bringing reeses peanut butter cookies and pepermint bark -- YUM!!!!!}


...and of course I had to make red & green jello shooters.... close to fifty of them! Don't you just love a good jello shot?


Yesterday we spent out Sunday relaxing. Sean was basically super-husband of the year and cleaned up the entire loft [about 10 garbage bags full of trash] while I snuggled on the couch and watched television. I did go pick us up subs though, and we loooove subs in this family! He also made homemade chicken vegetable soup, which I kid you not is to-die-for.
The pups partied hard... they did not move an inch the entire day...



Best of all, I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland! [well, almost]. Such a great way to end an amazing weekend with some of my very best friends in all of Richmond, VA.

can you believe i can usually see the city scape from this angle! it's too cloudy to see past the river... love it!
This week I am looking forward to four holiday parties...... can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?



2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas sooo much. My parents live miles away so it is so special getting to see them.

    My Grandma (bless her) used to make us sweaters every Christmas. I remember a particularly jumper that had a horse on it with strands of wool as its hair! WoW!It was defiantly special. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a ton of fun! and so excited to see you soon and catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...