Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

Monday morning always leaves me feeling extremely tired. I try to cram everything fun that I can think of into the two days that I'm home, and while I usually have a really awesome weekend.... when it's over I'm totally worn out!

By the way - what happened to the warm weather? Last Friday it was 80 degrees, and this weekend it was freezing outside!

Anyway, Friday was a pretty awesome day. I went to a meeting in the morning and then had planned on getting my hair (re)done on my lunch break and then coming back to work. Well, I know the owner of the salon and it really paid off because she blocked her whole afternoon off just for me! Needless to say....... I was there from 1 until 4:30 and so it was a day off and I didn't even plan it! Thank goodness my boss was cool about it...

My parent's picked Sean & I up around 6 o'clock and we had dinner together at Baja Bean Co. I ordered 'The Whole Enchilada' which had shredded chicken, corn salsa, cheese and rice and was sooooooo amazingly good! Then, we hopped in the car and drove to the Landmark Theatre to see The Wizard of Oz. I had forgotten how gorgeous this building is, and was amazed by the detail on the walls and ceiling. It was built in the 1920's and I kept hoping that a ghost would appear around each corner.... there is no way that a place this old and with this much history isn't haunted! We sat on the top balcony, and if you look up there's a gigantic dome in the center that looks like a faberge egg with tiny blue windows around it. I kept looking up at it during the show, it was b r e a t h t a k i n g!

Saturday, Sean and I slept in and spent the entire day watching television. This wasn't planned, but it was very much needed... and trust me, nothing feels better than a midday nap! We had some friends over around dinner time and had a few drinks before heading over to Legends. It's been a while since I've been out, and honestly I had forgotten how much fun it can be! I need to make more of an effort to do this once a week... because once we have kids, the days of staying up until 2 am (Sean was up until 4!) are pretty much over. Unless you count getting up for crying babies.

Sunday was probably my favorite day. Sean and I went to the mall to get our rings resized (I can't believe I won't have my wedding bands for almost 3 weeks!) and had lunch in the food court. Afterwards, we drove to my friend's house and watched the VCU game... let me just say, I am not one to enjoy watching sports. At superbowl parties, I socialize the entire time and usually don't even pay attention to the commercials. But this game was soooo good, and it was so awesome hearing about Richmond, Va! I felt so much pride for my city... and the guys are really amazing! Go VCU! Go VCU! Go VCU!

Here's a before/after picture of my hair... I'm still getting used to it!

Before:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

P.S. --  Friday was exactly one week since Imogen's been gone. I've been thinking of something special to do to memorialize her (since I experienced so much with her and she was such a big part of my life) and I think I've come up with a pretty cool tattoo design. Ferret's are pretty strange animals anyway, so it's going to be a conversation piece for sure! More on that later...



No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...