Friday, April 29, 2011

a week without blogging.


This week I've been really quiet in this space, because quite honestly I needed a little break. Things at work have been above and beyond crazy, our poor loft has been left a disaster area from going out of town so much, we're trying to figure out how to tie some loose ends up so that we can hopefully purchase a house this summer, and I've been trying to think about what path I want to take and how to get there in regards to my professional life. Overwhelmed is an understatement.

This time last week I was packing up our van and hitting the road for our first big camping trip of the season. It's hard to fathom how that weekend came and went so quickly, but it was a perfect trip. One thing that I learned over that weekend is that I tend to stress out so much that I miss out on a good majority of the day... even in the middle of the woods, I still have trouble 'letting loose' and that is something that I really want to work on now that I am aware of it.

But, there were two parts of this trip that made it really great. The first was waking up early Saturday morning to the rain tapping on my tent - this was the only rain we had all weekend, and it was very calming while it lasted, especially since we stayed nice and dry in our (new!!!) tent. The second was playing on the small private beach all day on Saturday. Everyone got a lot of sun, we swam, we drank, we laughed... just a really, really great time with some pretty amazing people in my life. Our dog Pete REALLY enjoyed the beach, and it was so cute watching him swim all day and chase the football... Sean literally had to force him to sit down because he was so exhausted that his muscles were shaking, but he was having so much fun that he couldn't calm down! I love my little River Dog :)

Once we got home, we left our clothes on the floor piled almost as tall as the ceiling and filled the sink with dishes. It's taken me a few days, but things are looking much better and I always feel more relaxed when the loft is clean....... especially the kitchen. I'm looking forward to tonight, when one of my best girlfriends Denise will arrive and I'll get a chance to spoil her with some of my cooking. I've been taking some time to experiment in the kitchen over the past two weeks, and I'm pretty excited about my abilities to cook a meal that's actually edible for the first time in my life! We're taking some time to relax, gossip, and laugh... and catch up on the Royal Wedding (duh!)

What are you doing this weekend?




{photos: i took the first 2 pictures, my friend meg took the next 4, and jessi took the last one}

3 comments:

  1. Seriously looked like a perfect weekend. I was about to type "wedding..." HAHA! Anyway, so glad that you were able to take some time off and enjoy nature. Wishing you many more opportunities to do so! Hope your house hunt/buying is going great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pity you don't have a donate button!

    I'd definitely donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and
    adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to
    brand new updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.

    Talk soon!

    Feel free to visit my weblog ... weight management

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...