Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Thursday!



"All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else." {Buddha}

I am new to the blogging world, and I think my inspiration to finally jump on this bandwagon is because I am in desperate need of a creative outlet. A place where I can be myself - free of judgement. Journaling is good for the soul, and with all of the recent changes in my life I feel it is a good idea to get some of this down. I feel that it makes things more real.

I recently began studying Buddhism and have been going to a Sangha a few times a week to meditate. For me this feels right. I have had conflict with my family over this {my mother is a Methodist pastor} but for once in my life I am putting my happiness above pleasing others. I have been a vegetarian for about 5 years now, and feel that I am ready to take things a step further. It is very important to be aware of things that are going into your body. Your soul is a temple and capable of bringing peace to so many people - and it's important to keep yourself healthy in order to do this.

If you haven't already seen the documentary Food Inc I encourage you to do so. It has opened my eyes to so many things and made me realize that I cannot rely on the government or a supermarket to tell me the truth about what is healthy and what is harmful. My husband and I try to eat mostly organic {especially dairy products}, but even some of those products are full of corn byproducts and other fillers that can be harmful. I have recently been inspired to try a Macrobiotic Diet and plan to start in February. This is going to be a drastic change in the way that I eat, and it will more than likely lead me to veganism, but again I feel it is important to keep your body healthy and this is a great way to do it. If you aren't familiar with Macrobiotics, I encourage you to check out this website: http://www.fitnessbegin.com/dieting/zenmacrobioticdiet.html


I will keep you all updated on my challenges and successes of this diet and any advice or meal plans would be greatly appreciated! I hope that blogging becomes a habbit and somthing that I can look forward to every morning. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...