Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day!!!

Today was such an awesome day -- we got around a foot of snow... and we love snow around here! Our two pups, Samson & Pete played around in it throughout the day and Sean & I played video games, I did some knitting, cleaned the loft and made snow cream {a family tradition!}

Here are some pics of the pups enjoying their snow cream:
 
yum yum!



two happy puppies :)

 
samson looooooves this stuff!


all over his face... but cute!


little pete -- he was too busy eating to pose for a picture!
I needed today. A day to relax, veg out and forget about everything that's been stressing me out. I love days spent with my beautiful family... and I hope it keeps snowing and snowing so that the fun can continue!

I hope you got to see a little snow today, too! Here is the recipe I use:

1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
scant 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
large bowl of snow (about 3 quarts)
Blend milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream consistency.

Sometimes I add chocolate syrup for variety... but it's good plain and keeps in the freezer for a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...