Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Finding Peace.

Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. {Mohandas Gandhi}

As I continue to grow and change, I have made it a priority to find peace with my spirit within every moment of my life. Anxiety is somthing that I struggle with. I am always worried about somthing and have a deep, uncomfortable feeling in my chest for sometimes no apparent reason. This is no way to live - there are too many beautiful things in life that I am missing through worry. Hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step!

As I continue to read The Heart of Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh, I am begining to learn more about myself and how to relax. breathe. enjoy the moment. Yesterday I was reading the chapter about the Three Dharma Seals, and remembered that we are all connected. We are all in this together, we are apart of the universe. We do not exist by merely ourselves.

A favorite quote from yesterday's reading: "Before it was recognizable as a sheet of paper, it must have been somthing else -- a tree, a branch, sunshine, clouds, the earth. In its former life, the sheet of paper was all of these things. If you ask the sheet of paper, "Tell me about all your adventures," she will tell you, "Talk to a flower, a tree, or a cloud and listen to their stories."

A tree does not spend its time worrying. Why should I? This is somthing I will continue to repeate so that I can remember that there is so much more to life and death than I am capable of comprehending at this time. Maybe one day -- until then, I will continue to learn.

This brings me back to Macrobiotics. I am so excited to visit Whole Foods and pick out items that are natural and healthy. Macrobiotics is a spiritual way of life, it is so much more than eating. I cannot wait to get closer to my mother earth by eating foods that have not been altered. My grocery list has been made, I have been chewing {and chewing and chewing!} and I feel ready. This is right. This will bring me back to my roots - the tree, the sunshine, the flower, the ocean. These are all apart of me and I am apart of them. Life is beautiful and we are all in this together - there is no time or reason for anxiety. Enjoy the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...