Friday, October 22, 2010

smile. be thankful. repeate.

Lately I've been really consumed with talking Sean into moving away from Richmond. I don't think we're going anyplace new anytime soon... so I think I'll remind myself of happy things on a daily basis to keep me in the moment and thankful. Here are 10 things I love about Richmond, Virginia.....

[01.] We live right on the floodwall, and sometimes I can smell fresh water and sand when I breathe in deep.

[02.] Who wouldn't love a view of the city skyline before falling asleep.

[03.] I love living in the Art District, and it's kind of cool living across the street from our wedding venue.

[04.] Let's be honest...... Richmond has a great music scene. {see here, here and here}

[05.] I loveeee living in the tattoo capitol of the east coast... and celebrate often with new ink.

[06.] My favorite consignment shop Clementine {and name of my future daughter} is here.

[07.] Carytown. Drew Berrymore loves it as much as we do ;)

[08.] So much creativity everywhere you turn: colorful graffiti, art walks, architecture.

[09.] Really great museums such as here, here and here.

[10.] The best resteraunts - very important to a foodie such as myself.

That took me all of 5 minutes... and I'm sure I could list at least 20 more things that I love about my hometown. Yes, I still want to move some place new and exciting... but for the time being I can be thankful for where I'm at.

What's the best thing about where you're living?

1 comment:

  1. i like the mountains.. i like how so many establishments are locally owned and not chains.. i like how liberal minded the people are here. this place holds a special place for me... because it's where my husband and I really stared our lives together.

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...