Wednesday, May 04, 2011

a survey of sorts

Hey, blog-land!

I got this survey from Chloe and since I'm too tired/lazy to think of a good topic today myself.... I figured, why not. {feel free to complete it too, and link back here so I can read yours too!}

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


A. Age: Twenty-Four. I'll be 25 June 25th :)

B. Bed size: King!!
C. Chore you hate: I get in 'cleaning moods' (Sean loves these!) where I deep clean the entire loft all at once, and this is actually very therapeutic for me. HOWEVER, I absolutely HATE doing the dishes!

D. Dogs: We have a schnauzer-poodle mix named Pete and a Boxer named Samson... to say I'm obsessed with my dogs is an understatement!

E. Essential start to your day: I am definintly NOT a morning person, so I always take my first hour at work to ease into the drama for the day (I work with teenagers). This means that I do not answer my phone until 9:00 a.m. and I usually eat frozen grapes and another fruit while blogging and checking facebook.

F. Favorite color: Blue. It was always red growing up... but I guess things change!
G. Gold or silver: Our wedding bands are white gold because I wanted gold and he wanted silver. I could go either way.... but I wear mostly all silver jewelry.

H. Height: 5'9
I. Instruments: None! I am very upset about this! I wish that I could play piano, but I don't have the patience or time at the moment. Sean can play guitar and piano and even a little drums! {i hope our kids take after him!}

J. Job title: Adolescent Substance Abuse Case Manager is my 'official' title. I basically refer client's to services like counseling/mentoring/in home/etc, do drug screens every once in a while, go to court with them, check on them at home and school. It sounds interesting I guess, but it's a lot of paperwork.... and I HATE paperwork.

K. Kids: None yet! Hopefully within the next 2-4 years!

L. Live: Richmond, Va... right in Shockoe Bottom which is a long strip of bars and resteraunts. We can also see the James River from our rooftop and we're literally about 50 feet from the floodwall!

M. Mom’s name: Sue Karen

N. Nicknames: Sean thinks its funny to call me 'Workman' aka my maiden name. Family calls me Kara-Boo, Kara-Bara, Kara-Bee...My dad calls me pebbles because I used to rock climb or cricket because I have long legs... haha

O. Overnight hospital stays: Just once.. I donated my kidney in April of last year and was in the hospital for about 5 days. Hospitals suck, and I hope to have a home birth when the time comes because they make me so stressed/uncomfortable.
P. Pet peeve: Ummmm I'll try to limit this to my top 3 to avoid being overly negative!

#1 - I CAN NOT STAND when people comment on your facebook wall trying to start a debate (especially about politics) and they honestly don't know what they're talking about. For instance, some one was talking about Obama's birth certificate and was like ''HE'S OUR PRESIDENT! WE NEED TO KNOW!'' Ummm, sorry sweetheart.. did you miss when he released it back in 2008??! Wow. Please don't do that.

#2 - Another pet peeve (which may cause some friction, don't mean to offend) is christianity in the work place. I'm in social work, and the amount of Christianity is unreal -- to the point where I feel almost ostrocized because I'm not 'in the club'. I don't have a problem with people being religious, and with some of my client's I often ENCOURAGE it.... but please please PLEASE don't call my office inviting me to church or try to witness to me while I'm trying to exit the building.... it's rude!

#3 - The last, biggest pet peeve is definintly people who stop at intersections without a stop sign. If I have a stop sign and have to sit and wait for you to figure out that you can go.... WHEN THERE'S A SIGN FACING YOU THAT SAYS 'DO NOT STOP' please do not stop. You aren't helping, you're hurting.

Q. Quote from a movie: Hands down my favorite quote ever is from Garden State -- ''That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it fuckin' hurts, but it's sort of all we have.'' (I would also like to point out that my husband and I watch Home Alone 1&2 year-round and we quote this movie on a consistant basis!)
R. Right or left handed: Right-handed.

S. Siblings: I have a younger brother named Jacob.
T. Time you wake up: My alarm goes off at 6:00, 6:40, 7:15 and finally I get up at 7:30. I set my alarm for 10 on the weekends.... if I don't set an alarm, I will literally sleep until dinnertime.

U. Underwear: Yes? Although I did go through a weird faze in high school where I thought it was cool to go without underwear... not in the slutty tell everyone about it kind of way, but the natural (i guess?) way. I also wanted to be a nudist.
V. Vegetables you dislike: Carrots and Cucumbers.... and Sean is ALWAYS trying to sneak them into our meals!

W. What makes you run late: My dogs, every time. It only takes me about 15 minutes to get ready in the morning... but sometimes Sean has to go to a meeting or something and tells me last minute (as in 7:50 and I have to be at work at 8) that he can't take the dogs out (he takes them out in the morning, I take them out at night) and this without fail causes a HUGE argument because I can't stand being late.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: I broke my pinky in high school so had one for that, another on my ankle because I thought it was broken (it wasn't) and then one for when I donated my kidney.

Y. Yummy food you make: I have been learning how to cook and I am FINALLY at the point where some of my food is acutally edible! I can make chicken 10 different ways, a smack-your-mamma-good fried chicken ceasar salad, and I can usually bake pretty well.  
Z. Zoo- favorite animal: ELEPHANTS. Totally obsessed!!! :)
 
 
Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...