Tuesday, October 18, 2011

i love halloween so much that i decided to get tattoo'd...

When I say that I'm obsessed with Halloween... I'm not exaggerating. I love eating candy, watching scary movies, and I especially love dressing up and being something totally different than myself for a day. I think that Halloween is the most magical time of the year, and I wanted to keep that spirit of magic alive all year.

A blank canvas, if you will:


Monday I said goodbye to all of my little freckles and looked at my bare arm one last time. I love getting new tattoo's. I have been patiently waiting for weeks, and I was so excited that I could barley sleep the night before.

First, Josh took an hour and a half sketching out the design. In marker. He is seriously talented...


Then he got right to work on the outline. I'm getting it filled in later... he's going to be out for surgery for several months so I'm gonna wait for him to come back to finish. I need to save up anyway, I'm poor ;)


There's a big creepy tree, a graveyard, a skeleton, bats, pumpkins, and candy corn. Not to mention, two very special graves marked ''HND'' and "ACW" for both of my grandfathers, two very very special men in my life.



I'm so excited for the start of my first sleeve!!!! :)

p.s. - one silly little thing on my bucket list is to end up in a tattoo portfolio... mission accomplished ladies and gentlemen! Josh snapped pics of the outline, and also my mermaid which he did for me in June. Isn't she curvy and gorgeous? Her names Oriona, after Orion the hunter aka my favorite constellation. Yes, I am a loser.


p.p.s. - check out the pretty fresh flowers I have all around our loft! the daisies are from the field behind our loft ;)


What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I think sleeve tattoos are the COOLEST THING!!! I don't have any tattoos myself and I probably won't ever get one because I'm Mormon and also I'm a chicken, but I LOVE looking at other people's tattoos. It's so interesting seeing what other people think is important enough to immortalize on their skin and how they choose to express themselves with body art. I love them.

    That being said, Halloween is my least favorite holiday, hahaha. Even when I was little I just couldn't get into it because I never found it exciting. ;)

    Congrats on your new tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...