Monday, October 10, 2011

a short ::pause:: from halloween

This weekend I was talking with Sean and we decided to host Thanksgiving at our loft this year. This is a pretty huge deal, because neither of us knows how to make a turkey and we're still working on the seating issue since our loft isn't small, but also isn't huge.

But, we decided that these little obstacles will be worth it in the end because for the first time EVER our families will be able to all sit down and have Thanksgiving together. Usually holidays for us are spent rushing to Sean's parents for a few hours and then getting in the car and driving almost 2 hours to my parents house. I always get really stressed out, and we both feel bad because we don't get to spend as much time as we'd like with our families. I want to get in the habit of us all being together, so that when Sean and I eventually have kids they won't have to spend most of the day in the car and we'll all be able to just relax and enjoy each others company.

Being the planner that I am, I've already been busy thinking about how to transform our loft into a cozy place to over eat and pass out. That's what we do on Thanksgiving, is it not? Here are a few of my ideas so far (via my pinterest):
[01] vintage plates unique to each guest [02] mason jar drinking glasses
[03] old whiskey bottle flower vases [04] dessert tower made from stacked plates and teacups

I'm pretty sure that I can find most of these items at our local thrift shops, and I'm also on the lookout for a really great lace table cloth or two. I'm getting so excited planning out our menu and thinking about how to re-arrange our furniture so that everyone fits ;)

How do you typically spend your holidays? Do you have to juggle several lunches and dinners, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...