Monday, October 10, 2011

Haunted Hay Rides and Scary Movies

This weekend was the first of the Halloween festivities that I've planned for the entire month! Friday a group of us went to the Haunted Hay Ride... and let me just say, it was worth the $20. I haven't been for a few years, and I was happy to learn that for the most part the less you scream the less attention you get. Times like these, I enjoy blending in with the crowd ;)

The hay ride dropped us off in a corn field, and we spent about 10 minutes walking on a path in the dark to our destination: the first house. There were about 3-4 haunted houses in total, and the general theme was an asylum, human experimentation kind of feel. There were parts where we had to completely get on our hands and knees and crawl through tunnels that were so dark that you couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. There were mazes where you would get to a dead end and have to turn around, only to find a creepy clown or crazy person hiding in the corner next to you!

The creepiest part was this room that was lit by strobe lights where body bags where hanging from the ceiling.... and there was a guy in the room with a chainsaw popping out everywhere! There was one point where a group of us were pressed up against the wall and he was just standing there grunting at us.... it was freaky! The funniest part looking back though, it how everyone in that room was running from the chainsaw and hitting themselves in the head with the body bags... it was intense! (I was .10 seconds away from pissing in my pants)


So that was really fun, but by the time Saturday came around I was really just looking forward to trading my running shoes in for some cozy socks and an oversized sweatshirt. We started watching movies/drinking ''Vampire Wine'' at around 1:00 pm and I ate more popcorn and snacks than I had in my entire life. We had BBQ sandwiches, cookies, brownies, chips, and Sean made this really amazing chili that got eaten up sooooooo quick! It was fun pigging out for a day/night :)

Here is our list of movies that we watched, and the order we watched them: The Grudge, Paranormal Activity (which after hearing the history/reason for numbers 2 & 3, wasn't as dumb as I initially thought), House of a Thousand Corpses, The Strangers, The Shining (#1 best movie of all time, if you haven't seen it.... you need to!), and finally Hocus Pocus! There are still a ton of movies that didn't make the cut this weekend, so I'm excited about watching them the rest of this month ;)

What did you do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...