Wednesday, March 07, 2012

adjusting my sails.


Life is an incredible journey. One thing that I've learned is that it is not easy, and that if it were - I would have missed out on so many important lessons and given up the opportunity for some of my greatest adventures to unfold.  

So I am thankful for my struggles. My open wounds. My tears and scars and vulnerabilities and imperfections and endless baggage. I am thankful for learning things the hard way, and for always picking myself back up - even when I've felt too tired or too worn or much too broken.

Most of all, I am thankful that I get to be a part of this big adventure that is my life. That I get to choose which paths I take and which I leave behind. I do not get to choose which troubles I happen to stumble upon, but I do get some choice in how each moment changes and molds and inspires me.

I get to choose to be happy, and that is something that I am forever grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...