Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Never Grow Up...


"Pan, who and what art thou?" he [Hook] cried huskily.
"I'm youth, I'm joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg."

I look at myself sometimes and wonder... when did I stop believing in fairies, magic & that my dolls come to life when I'm not looking. When did my thoughts shift to "adult things" like my job, money & the reality that bad things happen to good people.

Today I hope that you will reach deep down into your soul and touch your inner child. Make peace with her and allow her to come out and play every now and then.

Spend an afternoon looking for faires... pretending you can fly... imagining the world as it once was, when you were young.

Just because we get older, doesn't necessarily mean we have to grow up. Always stay connected to the joy you once felt and the excitment that emerged from an afternoon with your imagination.

There is enough pain in the world already, but your joy may inspire others to re-connect with the innocence and purity they felt in youth. Then maybe, when scary things happen we can look at them as an adventure and find comfort that in the end, the good guys always win.


"All children, except one, grow up." {Peter Pan}
Peter Pan: Book by James M. Barrie, Scottish children's writer and dramatist, published 1928. Born 1860. Died 1937.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...