Monday, August 22, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

Ever since Sean and I decided to stay in our loft for another year, I've been thinking up ways to make our place look more like our own. This means gently switching out hand-me-downs that have gotten us through our first few years of marriage, and replacing (some, not all!) them with things that fall more in to place with our personal style.

Like I said a few weeks ago, we've started by giving our bedroom a little makeover. Boy, did it need it!

We live in a loft, which means that the only doors in our entire two-story space are located in the bathroom and on our two closets. I decided that our bedroom needed a little more privacy, and the best way to do that would be to separate it from the rest of the upstairs. We had talked about getting a divider of some kind, and on Friday I had the genious idea to add a curtain. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Before (the view from our bed):


After:


I also added a few personal touches to my dresser:


And added another small side table, which I'm debating on painting a mustard yellow color:


Still needed to complete this bedroom:

1. Some rad wall art... still looking for something large to go over our bed. Possibly something like this, to track our travels :)

2. A cozy rug, like this one.

3. Still looking for something to hang over the door, for the millions of scarves I've collected over the years.This could work.

4. I'm making my own version of this, and filling it with dried flowers in tiny test tube bottles.



next room. . . bath :)



1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Your new space looks so good! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the place :)

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...