Thursday, December 08, 2011

Emotion.

it's the little things... like listening to a good playlist while cuddling with my puppy :)

As we grow and continue to evolve, we go through an array of emotions. Some days we are incredibly happy, others sad, others maybe even ambivalent. As an extremely emotional person (I blame it on being a true Cancer), it has taken me a long time to understand that it is okay to feel emotions - all of them; no emotion is bad.

It has taken me such a long time to come to terms with this. And I think that I am finally beginning to understand that emotions are natural and it's so important to feel them... not push them inward and attempt to ignore them. The first step, for me, has been taking the time to love myself -- all of me. Especially the messy imperfections.

The greatest lesson in life is cherishing things that make you happy, and learning to embrace and then let go the things that make you sad. Easier said than done, but it's a process and intentional path that you must choose individually. It's so worth it in the end.

You are the only person in the Universe exactly like you. Special, and worthy of love -- especially love for yourself. Life is such an incredible adventure, and every day is a new chance to learn and create and become whatever it is that truly makes you happy.

Sending you love from my little space on the internet - xx

3 comments:

  1. um hello, I love your header. Did I miss its debut? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha thanks Kim :) what can i say, i was feeling inspired yesterday...

    p.s. please keep posting christmas themed blogs, i'm not in the spirit yet so im living vicariously through you!

    xxxxx, kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh! I know, I need to get on it. Maybe tonight. I've been so busy with work since my last day is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind! always!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...